Friday, October 2, 2009

Mom's Dreams SHOULD come FIRST

So many mothers put their lives on hold while they raise their children, to me this is a mistake. Yes I love my children, and yes they make me smile and joyful. BUT they are not my everything, I know that will turn so many people off but my children just are not my everything. When I grew up all I ever wanted to be was a barrel racer I didn't dream of weddings, children, jobs.... just barrel racing. I wanted people to say "This Little Girls Dreams ALL Come TRUE!"


I LOVE horses and barrel racing almost as much as I love my husband and my kids. Call it wrong.. I don't care- it is MY truth, MY reality.  But for me to be able to continue this sport I love, I need to find a balance of it and my family. I have a super supportive husband that will work his butt off all week to support us then haul with me to the rodeos or jackpots. Dealing with diapers and dollies, he even says he enjoys it. Whether he really does or not I don't know, but he says he does.  I have 3 great kids who LOVE to watch me and ride with me.  I have a modest home and I am currently returning to school to further my education.  I have an awesome solid rodeo gelding who could take me to any rodeo I want to go to and give them a run for their money. I have a nice younger backup horse to bring alone as is needed. I have the knowledge, the talent and the ablitity. YES I do, I have it ALL!! I need to to find a way to balance it all. To find a nitch of time for each of the WANTS and the HAVE TO DOs.


That is why I am writing this. I hope to post a little bit every few days of my journey of "Having It ALL".  It is a way for me to have accountablity for the HAVE TO DOs and the WANT TO DOs. I HAVE TO DO the laundry, the cooking, the shopping, the taking care of sick kids, the running them to and from school, the volunteering for school activities the list goes on and on.  But also make sure that somewhere amoungst all this I find time for the WANT TO DOs. The riding a few times a week, the entering of barrel races and rodeos and all the things that make ME happy. Because even though I am a mom of three, full time student, wife and homemaker, I am still a barrel racer and that job NEEDS to be very bit as important as the other ones I listed. Because it is that job that makes ME the most happy. And If MOMMA AINT HAPPY.. AINT NOBODY HAPPY :o)

1 comment:

  1. It's a balancing act. But you will be a better mother if you take care of your own needs too so you are doing the right thing.

    Your kids are gorgeous.

    www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete