Monday, October 5, 2009

Winning Cowgirls Don't have Muffin Tops

I have to admit I am a glass half empty person. If the weather man says that it is going to be a 50% chance of rain... I will tell my husband better make sure you plan for rain today. I don't mean to be negative, pessimistic, I just see a 50% chance of showers as a pretty darn good indication it is going to rain today :o)

So that said I look at winning barrel racers for what they do and don't have. I have observed that most are young, thin, long haired, rich, married..thinking that is their sugar daddies paying for it all ...  no children and they have the world by the reins.  I look hard every time I watch a major barrel race or read about a winning barrel racer to see if they have children, jobs and some of the responsiblities that I feel sometimes hold me back. Those girls going to the NFR with 3 children and a full time job are pretty much non-existent. Just to be clear my aspirations don't include the NFR anytime soon, but I think the juggling of my responsibilities and my horses is tough so I truly look for those girls that have winning careers and families to see how they balance it all.

I need to take those positives that I find in winning cowgirls and place them in my life.  I need to not just look at the positives that they have but realize that they might have some hidden negatives. Maybe they only have 2 children, but they don't have an awesome supportive husband like I do. Maybe they are a master organizer, but not nearly as good of a cook as me. Maybe they are richer in money but don't have 3 awesome kids who love them to the moon and back!


Now to the real problem! :o) I have always been a very thin small framed person. Since I have had three kids the muffin top skin of three pregnancies just doesn't always tuck into my jeans.  So instead of blaming my kids or my responsibilities for my inability to go as much as I want and win as much as I want... I am blaming the muffin top!!!!

Winning Cowgirls Don't have Muffin Tops

1 comment:

  1. I totally hear you! I too dont have any dreams of the NFR going on because I know reality. I have 5 kids and 3 step children so money at our house isn't just laying around. In addition I decided to stay home after the birth of my daughter 4 months ago so things are really tight right now. I look around and see money is the main issue I have. If I had an abundance of it the way some women do I could maybe make the NFR with the 8 kids! But I am happy to run the IBRA races and hopefully qualify for the national finals and maybe a year end award or two. I really want to focus a lot on my kids running and give them some great oppurtunities so I have to balance rodeo for my daughter and big youth shows for my son. I am glad to have a supportive husband and at least some children who want to ride! I have my blog up and going take a look...www.chasingcansanddreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete